Meet Marketing Consultant Courtney DeWinter
Marketing consultant Courtney DeWinter has more than 30 years of experience in a dual-track career that includes branding, marketing, PR & website development, as well as experience as a working journalist. She also has worked as a business reporter, staff editor, managing editor, and is a long-time magazine feature story writer.
In 1997, she founded DeWinter Marketing & PR after working at a variety of local PR agencies and in corporate marketing & PR. Since then, she and her team have:
- Helped startups, small & mid-sized businesses generate awareness of their products or services, and
- Launched many companies, products & services…with the goal of helping startups, small & mid-sized businesses grow and become successful profitable ventures.
As the chief marketing consultant at her agency, Courtney serves as the lead strategist, branding & creative director, and she personally handles the branding, messaging, and strategic planning, along with writing, content marketing & scripting.
Courtney has served as a marketing consultant for companies in a wide range of industries, and has achieved many notable successes for her clients. Some businesses have increased or doubled their revenues. Other clients have become leaders and/or thought leaders in their industries because of Courtney’s guidance and counsel. In some cases, the DeWinter Marketing team marketed & built up the client’s business so they could sell it and retire. Courtney DeWinter also handled the launch of a Colorado tech start-up and ongoing promotion; that tech start-up is now a $300 million public company.
Prior to founding DeWinter Marketing & PR in 1997, Courtney DeWinter:
- Worked as a public relations consultant at two Denver-based PR agencies
- Served as the managing editor at a publishing company, where she oversaw multiple travel publications & a Colorado travel website
- Handled public relations, employee communications & sales support programs for a publicly traded technology company
- Served as a communications specialist at a trade association
- Worked as a business reporter for Denver Business Magazine, and as staff editor for an industry trade magazine
A Chicago native, Ms. DeWinter graduated from Colorado State University with a degree in technical journalism. In her spare time, she follows the offerings of the American & foreign cinema; and enjoys competition dancing, dogs, horses, and abstract painting. She also is an avid “foodie,” and has served as a restaurant critic for 5280 Magazine, and grows her own organic food in an urban garden.